Tuesday, January 22, 2013

research


For this research project coming up I have finally decided on two, very different topics that both interest me. The first is anesthesia and how it works and the second is event planning. Anesthesia is something that has always sparked my interest ever since I had surgery for the first time. I would like to know how it works as well as the process behind creating and administering it. I would also like to research each different level of anesthesia from numbing an area to complete sedation of the body.
My next area of interest is event planning and the steps on how to become a successful planner. This interest of mine came about during my senior year of high school when it was thrown upon me to plan prom. I had never planned anything before but I am very ocd, a perfectionist, and I had the connections to the suppliers we needed. What started as a headache turned into one of the most enjoyable things I did senior year. It was very rewarding in the end and I would love to know what it takes to be able to make event planning a career.

2 comments:

  1. Jessica,

    These are two very different topics and at this point I'd say that's a plus. Both have the potential to be interesting. We're going to talk more about the research process in the coming classes and this should be helpful for you in deciding which of these ideas would be the best for you and how to determine an effective scope.

    ReplyDelete
  2. event planning is an interesting area of work. I have heard it requires alot of management and skilled planning to be able to do well. I have a friend who does event planning and alot of people who want to reserve buildings find the fees what keeps them from locking certain locations. Event planning also requires one to be able to market themselves very well. I believe you have a great topic at hand and will have some interesting resources to look up.

    Good Luck

    Matthew

    ReplyDelete