Wednesday, February 6, 2013

special collections



Learning about special collections today was very cool because I did not know about all of the rare documents that we have in our very own library. I had heard about the lower level in the library but I was not sure that students were allowed to access those sources. I am very excited about being able to apply things that are so rich in history to my studies. The easiest class I could probably apply the special collections to would be my US history class. This class is limited from 1865 to the present so now that we are coming up onto the 1900s I could more than likely gain some further knowledge from the special collections.

1 comment:

  1. I was unaware too of all the awesome things West Georgia has to offer in its special collections. I'm also taking U.S. History since 1865 and I agree that there's probably some very interesting stuff in special collections that deal with the events from 1865 to the present. I think letters, pictures, newspapers, etc... will add a lot to just reading the boring textbook.

    ReplyDelete